Mmmmmuffins!

I might have mentioned previously that my dear hubby is a home renovator.  He's wonderful with people, and home owners always love him.  He has recently been working for a home owner who gave him two fabulous muffin recipes (after he of course tasted and loved them).  He requested I make them immediately...which of course I did, and he was right, they were great!  Thanks Jackie, we love them!

Check out Jackie's recipes below - they are wonderful!


Jackie's Banana Pineapple Muffins
1c crisco (I used about 3/4c and 1/4c  butter, I was all out of crisco)
1 1/2c sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp vanilla
3c flour
1 tsp baking powder
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp nutmeg
1c drained crushed pineapple
2c mashed bananas (I used 1 banana and 2 plantain..it's all I had at the time!)

Preheat the oven to 375.  Cream the shortening and sugar.  Beat in eggs and vanilla.  Stir in dry ingredients.  Combine pineapple and banana into mixture.  Jackie's very important words of advice - DO NOT OVER MIX!  I put them in muffin papers in the tins.  Bake for 25 minutes (although mine needed to come out after about 21 minutes.  Apparently I didn't make mine big enough, because hubby complained that Jackie's were bigger and fluffier). 

They were delicious!

And one more...these were my favorite...



Jackie's Apple Carrot Muffins
2c flour
1 1/4c sugar
2 tsp baking soda
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt
2c grated carrots
1/2c raisins
1/2c chopped walnuts (I left these out)
1 apple diced
3 beaten eggs
1c canola oil
2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 350.  Mix together first 5 ingredients in a bowl.  Add the next 4 ingredients and mix.  Add last 3 ingredients and mix well.  Bake 20-25 minutes.

I had started to peel the apple in this recipe, and then thought, why bother?  I chopped it up small enough so that the skin wasn't noticeable, and it's healthier that way too!

Hope you enjoy these as much as we did, thanks again Jackie!!

Comments