Spicy Shrimp AND Scallops With Lime & Cilantro

I was craving some really good seared scallops, and we had a container of super fresh large ones in the freezer that we had just bought a couple of days before.  The problem was there was only about 10 in there, and I didn’t feel it was substantial enough to serve the family.  So I decided to try a shrimp recipe that I had been eyeing and I added a package of shrimp in with the scallops.  It was delicious!  The picture is courtesy of Martha Stewart, and the recipe is from her magazine, Everyday Food. 



Spicy Shrimp With Lime & Cilantro
¾ tsp coarse salt
¾ tsp smoked paprika
½ tsp cumin
½ tsp curry
1/8 tsp cayenne
1/8 tsp cinnamon
(I doubled all seasonings because I knew I was using more seafood then the recipe called for)
1 1/4lbs shrimp peeled (I used about ¾’s of a pack from Loblaws as well as a container of about 10 large sea scallops)
1 T unsalted butter (I ended up using about 2 T)
Chopped cilantro, lime wedges, toasted whole wheat naan and plain yogurt for serving (I left this all out and served with a greek salad, although this would have been lovely with the naan and toppings)

Combine seasonings & sprinkle on shrimp (and scallops.  I patted them dry first, sprinkled both with seasonings, and then rubbed in a bit).  Toss to combine.  In a large skillet melt the butter over medium-high heat.  Add the seafood and cook 3-5 minutes.  Serve with the cilantro, lime wedges, naan and yogurt.  Super easy and so flavorful!  The cinnamon really makes the dish pop.

For those of you interested, this serves 4, and the nutritional info (minus the naan and yogurt) is below:
Calories – 179
Fat – 6 grams
Protein – 29 grams
Carbs – 2 grams
Fiber – 0 grams

Hmmm…now what to make for tomorrow’s dinner…?

Comments