Steak With Chimichurri Sauce & Chickpea Salad

We eat a lot of steaks at my house, and I never really get tired of them.  Sometimes though, it's nice to switch things up and add various sauces.  Thanks to Melissa D'Arabian, I found this simple chimichurri sauce published in a recent Food Network Magazine.  It looked interesting, and easy enough, so we gave it a try.  Everyone loved it!  I added a chickpea salad that I turn to often for a quick & healthy side dish.  You can find that recipe (and a picture) on my previous posting, "Fish Tacos And Chickpea Salad".

Enjoy!

Simple Sirloin Steak With Chimichurri Sauce
2 10-12oz sirloin steaks
Salt & pepper
2 T veg oil
1/2 c chopped cilantro
1/2 c chopped parsley
1 T chopped onion
Juice of 1/2 lemon
1 garlic minced
Pinch of red pepper flakes
Salt & pepper
1/3 c EVOO

Prepare steaks - slice in half crosswise & pat dry with a paper towel.  Season all over with salt & pepper.  Set aside for 15-30 minutes to bring to room temperature.  Meanwhile to make the sauce add all remaining ingredients to the blender and blend until smooth.  Grill steaks to your preference over medium and serve with sauce.


Comments