Tortilla Lasagna


This is one of my go-to recipes to use up almost-stale tortillas. I usually throw the stale tortillas in the freezer until I'm ready to make this meal, and I often make it the night before and toss it in the oven when I get home from work the next day. It's a no-fail kid-friendly recipe, and I cut the leftovers into squares, wrap them, and freeze them for pre-portioned lunches on days when I'm in a rush. Hope you enjoy this as much as my family does!



Tortilla Lasagna
1lb lean ground beef
1 packet taco seasoning (I just used chili powder)
1 c water
2 c salsa
1 c corn niblets
1 can black beans drained & rinsed
6 whole grain tortillas
2 c shredded cheese (I used low-fat old cheddar)
1/4 c chopped scallions


Preheat oven to 350. Brown beef in skillet & drain. Stir in taco seasoning and water. Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes. Stir in next 3 ingredients. Remove from heat. Place half of the mixture in a square baking dish. Top with half of the tortillas, overlapping where needed. Sprinkle with half of the cheese. Repeat layers and sprinkle with scallions. Bake uncovered until cheese is melted and bubbly, about 20 minutes.

Comments