Coconut Chickpea Soup


Soup time! 

I love love love soup.  It’s so warm and inviting…like a blanket for your stomach to get cozy with.  When I have time on Sundays, I make a big batch to take with me for lunches throughout the week.  I came across this recipe in Clean Eating Magazine and just had to try it.  It’s considered a detox soup and is super healthy and beyond delicious!  I’ve been eating it all week and am considering making another batch this Sunday.  Hope you enjoy!



Coconut Chickpea Soup
2 cans chickpeas
2c veg broth (I used beef)
2c roughly torn kale, tough stems removed
2 garlic
15oz can low fat coconut milk
1 T curry powder
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp honey
Salt & pepper
(I also added chili flakes for some spice)

Combine all ingredients in blender.  Transfer to a medium pot and heat over medium-high.  Bring to simmer and cook, stirring occasionally, for 10 minutes.  (I added about 2c of water and simmered it for 45 minutes just to let the seasonings come together a little more intensely).  Divide among serving bowls and enjoy!

Comments