Slow Cooked Short Ribs

I absolutely love my slow cooker.  There are a ton of recipes out there to try, and it's just so easy to get a great dinner on the table with very little work!  I always prep my meals the night before.  I throw everything required in the slow cooker and then in fridge for the night.  In the morning, I take it out of the fridge and plug it in, and by the time I get home from work, dinner is ready.  Amazing.

For this recipe, I cooked the ribs far longer than specified, but my short ribs were very meaty and thick.  It's hard to "screw up" a slow cooker recipe, or to over cook something (unless it's hours) because the temperature is so low.  It's a very forgiving cooking method, and I highly recommend it.

These ribs were to die for.  I made them on a Friday night and we were eating them all weekend.  I served them over jasmine rice with steamed broccoli on the side.









Slow Cooked Short Ribs


2/3c flour
2tsp salt, ½ tsp pepper
4-4 ½ lbs boneless short ribs
1/4c butter
1 lrg onion chopped
1 1/2c beef broth
3/4c red wine vinegar
3/4c brown sugar
1/2c chili sauce
1/3c ketchup
1/3c Worcestershire
5 garlic minced
1 ½ tsp chili powder

In large Ziploc combine flour, salt and pepper.  Add ribs in batches and shake to coat.  In large skillet, brown ribs in butter.  Transfer to slow cooker.  In same skillet, combine remaining ingredients.  Cook and stir until sauce comes to a boil.  Pour over ribs.  Cover and cook on low 9-10 hours (I cooked mine for about 12 hours.)

Comments