Spiced Carrot Soup

This week I decided I will be following a meal plan from one of my role models, Cassey Ho.  Cassey is a You Tube sensation - she has thousands of fitness videos (all free) and her website has a ton of useful information as well as meal plans.

I've been going to the gym regularly, and haven't seen much change on the scale (although my clothes are fitting better!) so to shake things up a bit I decided to follow this meal plan for a week (or maybe longer).  My only issue is that I can't eat steamed veggies and feel satisfied.  I can, however, have a bowl of soup and feel like I've eaten a 3-course meal. I decided to sub the steamed veggies throughout the day with a veggie soup.  So I made carrot soup.  Believe it or not, each 1-cup serving is only 71 calories, so it's a great addition to any meal to help fill you up a little more and stop you from overeating.

Enjoy!










Spiced Carrot Soup

8 carrots cut in thin rounds (I chopped up 3 large carrots, and threw in 40 baby carrots)
2 onions chopped
1 ½ garlic cloves chopped (I used 3)
5 tsp butter (I didn’t use any)
5 tsp curry powder
3 c chicken broth
3 ½ c water
4 ¼ c cream (I used 1 cup of 2% milk)
Salt and pepper
I also seasoned this with ginger powder, and cayenne

In a pot sweat the onions and garlic in butter over medium for 3-4 minutes.  Add carrots and saute for a few minutes.  Add curry and cook stirring, 1 minute.  Add salt and pepper.  Pour in broth and water and bring to boil.  Lower heat, cover and simmer 20 minutes.  Puree soup in blender and pour back in pot.  Stir in cream and warm up soup.  Adjust seasonings and serve.

Comments