Honey Lime Chicken With Roasted Spiced Cauliflower

This was a simple and tasty meal that I was able to prepare ahead of time, with a couple of tweaks.  I chopped and seasoned the cauliflower the day before and kept them in a ziploc bag in the fridge, and I seasoned the chicken with the sauce below and kept them in a ziploc bag as well.  When I got home from the gym, all I had to do was throw everything in the oven.

I know the recipe says to brown the chicken first, but there was no need since it browns up nicely in the oven.  It also says to add the sauce afterwards, and continue to baste - also no need.  As mentioned above, I threw everything in all at once and it came out great!




Honey Lime Chicken With Roasted Spiced Cauliflower
2 T honey (I doubled this)
2 T lime juice (I doubled this)
1 T Dijon (I doubled this)
1 clove garlic grated (I tripled this)
Pinch smoked paprika
450 g boneless skinless chicken thighs (I used bone-in chicken back attach)
Pinch each salt & pepper
1 tsp EVOO
Cauliflower:
6 c cauliflower florets (1 small head)
4 tsp EVOO
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp coriander
¼ tsp each salt & pepper
2 T chopped fresh parsley

Cauliflower – toss together all ingredients except parsley.  Arrange in single layer on parchment-lined baking sheet; bake in 425 oven for 15 minutes.  Meanwhile whisk together first 5 ingredients; set aside.  Sprinkle chicken with salt & pepper.  In skillet over medium-high, cook chicken, turning once, until golden all over, 8 minutes (I skipped this).  Brush half of the honey mixture over chicken and cook, turning once, until glossy and coated, 2 minutes.  Move cauliflower to one side of baking sheet and add chicken, brushing with remaining glaze (I added all chicken & sauce to baking pan at the same time as the cauliflower).  Bake 10 more minutes.  Serve. (For cooking times, I roasted the cauliflower for 30 minutes and the chicken for 45, putting foil on top for the last 10 minutes so that it didn't brown too much)

Per serving (4):
269 calories
25g protein
13g fat
16g carbs
5gn fiber
316mg sodium

Comments