Red- Curry Chicken Stir Fry

This is a great recipe from Everyday Food.  I prepared this a few days ahead of time by chopping up the chicken and marinating it in the red curry paste rather than following the directions of the recipe.  I also trimmed the beans (I didn't use snow peas, just green beans, it's all I had) and washed them, and put them in a ziploc bag with a paper towel.  I chopped up the pineapple as well, and placed it in a container in the fridge.

When I was ready to cook the meal, it came together very quickly thanks to all the prep, and so it will be on rotation for weeknight meals for a while.  My daughter wasn't impressed with the basil flavor, so next time I'll leave that out.  I served this with jasmine rice.

Enjoy! 





Red-Curry Chicken Stir Fry
1 T veg oil
¼ c red curry paste
4 boneless skinless chicken breasts thinly sliced
½ lb snow peas trimmed
¼ pineapple cut in ½” pieces (1 ½ cups)
1 c basil leaves
4 tsp fish sauce
Cooked rice, for serving

Heat a large skillet over high.  Add oil and curry paste and cook 1 minute.  Add chicken and cook until starting to brown, 1 minute.  Add snow peas and pineapple and cook until peas are bright green and tender and chicken is cooked through, 3 minutes.  Stir in basil and fish sauce and season with salt.  Serve with rice.

Per serving (4) –
230 cal
6g fat
26g pro
16g carb
3g fiber


Comments