Cheesy Stuffed Shells

Thank you Kraft for another delicious meal that can easily be made ahead!  I cooked the shells and stuffed them on a Sunday afternoon, and left the tray in the fridge (minus the cheese topping) until Monday evening when I was ready to pop it in the oven.  I baked it for about 40 minutes rather than the recommended 35 below, but that's because I didn't let it come to room temperature first.

I also added extra lean ground turkey (1lb) because I wasn't up for a vegetarian meal, although I'm sure it's delicious without it.  For the turkey, I cooked it up first with some seasoning (seasoning salt, garlic powder, black pepper, pinch of cayenne) and then added it to the cottage cheese mixture once it was cool.

Enjoy!



Cheesy Stuffed Shells
1 container cottage cheese
1 pkg frozen spinach, thawed & well drained
1 c part skim shredded mozzarella
¼ c light parmesan grated
1 tsp Italian seasoning
20 jumbo pasta shells, cooked
3 c pasta sauce
1 large tomato chopped

Heat oven to 400.  Mix cottage cheese, spinach, ½ c mozzarella, parmesan, and seasoning until blended.  Spoon into pasta shells, adding about 1 Tbsp to each.  Combine pasta sauce and tomatoes; spread half on the bottom of a 13x9 baking dish sprayed with cooking spray.  Add shells, top with remaining sauce.  Cover.  Bake 25 minutes or until heated through.  Top with remaining cheese & bake uncovered 2 minutes, or until melted.

Make ahead – assemble ahead of time & chill up to 24 hours.  When ready, bake, covered @ 400 for 35 minutes.  Top with remaining cheese and continue as per above.

Comments