Quick and Easy Shrimp & Pasta Formaggio

Another great one from Kraft!  This was quick and easy, as usual, and I made quite a few tweaks to it based on what I had on hand.  I'm sure it's fabulous as is, but I always love forgiving recipes that I can play around with, especially when I'm on a tight grocery budget and am trying to use up what I have in the pantry and freezer!

Enjoy!










Shrimp & Pasta Formaggio
220g angel hair pasta (or whatever you have - I used linguine)
1 T EVOO
3 garlic cloves, minced
1 can diced tomatoes
8 c baby spinach leaves (I used frozen spinach)
1 lb shrimp (I used frozen mixed seafood)
½ c whipping cream (I used fat free evaporated milk)
3 T grated parmesan cheese

Cook pasta as directed on package, omitting salt.  Meanwhile heat oil in large skillet over medium heat.  Add garlic, cook & stir 1 minute.  Stir in tomatoes, simmer 4 minutes.  Add spinach, cook & stir 1 minute.  Add shrimp and cream, cook 4 minutes.  Drain pasta.  Add to skillet & toss to coat.  Top with cheese & cover.  Remove from heat, let stand 5 minutes, serve.

Comments