Slow Cooker Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili

I don't think I can fully explain to you how delicious this meal was.  I love pumpkin - I put it in pastas, baked goods, even my oatmeal (or freekeh lately) in the morning.  There is something so warm and comforting about it.  When I saw this recipe on SkinnyTaste I knew I had to try it immediately. So I did.  And I wasn't disappointed.  SO good.




Slow Cooker Turkey White Bean Pumpkin Chili
2 lb lean ground turkey (I used 1lb)
½ tsp EVOO
1 onion chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
1 tsp chili powder
2 bay leaves
2 tsp cumin
1 tsp oregano
2 cans white beans
15oz can pumpkin puree
4.5oz can chopped green chilies (I used canned jalapenos, that's all I had)
2 c chicken broth
(I also added a few pinches of cinnamon, and nutmeg - so delicious)
Chopped cilantro & chives for topping
Salt & pepper
Sour cream (optional)

Heat a large pan over high heat and spray lightly with Pam.  Add meat and cook, breaking it up, until white – 5 minutes.  Add to slow cooker.  Add oil to pan, then onions and garlic.  Saute about 3-4 minutes; add cumin and sauté another minute. Add to slow cooker.  Add remaining ingredients (up to and including broth).  Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 8 hours.  Remove bay leaves and adjust seasoning.  Serve topped with cilantro, chives, and sour cream.

Comments