Salmon With Spicy Coconut Sauce

If you have been reading my blog for a while, or if you know me, you know that I'm not a fan of salmon.  For some reason it's the only fish I just can't stand.

When I saw this recipe in Oprah's magazine, I thought I would give it a try.  I like coconut, and I like spicy, and I thought that maybe the sauce would mask the salmon enough for me to love it.  Unfortunately I was wrong, but my family loved it so I thought I would still post the recipe for you (weird) salmon-lovers out there.





Salmon With Spicy Coconut Sauce
1 T veg oil
4 6oz salmon fillets
salt & pepper 
1 red onion thinly sliced
1/4 tsp cayenne
1 can coconut milk
1 T lemon juice
1 roasted red pepper, sliced
1 head bok choy, chopped
fresh basil

In skillet over medium-high, heat oil.  Season salmon with salt & pepper and cook 2 minutes per side.  Transfer to a plate.  Cook onion with a pinch of salt & cayenne, stirring, until golden, 6 minutes.  Add milk & lemon juice and simmer, stirring, 10 minutes.  Add next 2 ingredients and simmer 1 minute.  Return salmon to pan and simmer 2 minutes.  Season to taste and garnish with basil.







Comments