Fantastic Pea Salad

I love peas, but I hate when they become mushy and over handled.  This recipe is perfect because it uses frozen peas (easy!) but the trick is mixing everything together when the peas aren't quite defrosted.  The end result is a delicious pea salad with that "pop" that I love when you bite into a perfectly cooked fresh pea.  So good.  Thank you Ree Drummond, my favorite Pioneer Woman, for your version of this recipe.   I only tweaked it slightly, but I know your original recipe must have been delicious!!!


Easy Pea Salad
1/4 cup Greek Yogurt
1 T mayo
salt and pepper
1 T vinegar
1 T white sugar
3 cups frozen peas just barely thawed
1/2 onion chopped
1/2 c shredded cheddar cheese

Mix everything together and refrigerate at least an hour before serving.  Easy, quick, and delicious!!!

Comments