Mixed Bean & Feta Salad - Perfect Pantry Challenge Side Dish!

I threw together an amazing mixed bean salad the other day, and I was damn proud!  I used up a couple cans of beans I had in the pantry, some feta in the fridge, and a bit of seasoning, and voila!  We have been eating it with every meal for the last three days, and honestly, I don't want it to end!

Check out the recipe below!

The yummy bean salad is pictured here with the Haitian Griot I made on Sunday (recipe coming soon) 
Bean & Feta Salad
Dressing:
1/4 c apple cider vinegar
2 T lime juice
1/2 red onion, chopped
2 cloves of garlic, minced
2 T sugar
Salad:
1 can mixed beans
1 can black beans
1 can chickpeas
1 sweet pepper, diced
Chopped cilantro (I used the tubed variety since it keeps well for longer periods in the fridge)
3/4 c crumbled feta cheese
Mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl.  Mix the salad ingredients together (after draining and rinsing beans) in a large bowl.  Add dressing, combine well, and eat!
Just a note - any beans would work with this salad.  Use what you have, it'll be just as fabulous.

Comments