Sweet & Spicy Pork Roast

Here's another great recipe to help me use up all of the pork roasts (shoulder) I have in my freezer.  I used more of a tenderloin type of piece for this recipe, but it was cut from the huge shoulder wee purchased a few weeks back, if that makes any sense.


Needless to say, it was delicious, and the recipe was pretty hands off.  Preheat your oven, pour on your homemade marinade, and stick it in.  An hour and a half later you have a beautifully seasoned pork roast with a ton of gravy for your mashed potatoes or rice.  So good.




Sweet & Spicy Pork Roast
1 pork roast (about 3lbs)
6 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
1/4 c soy sauce
3 T sriracha sauce
1/4 c maple syrup
1 T lime juice
3 T orange juice
1 Tseasoning salt
1 tsp fresh ground black pepper
1/4 c EVOO

Preheat oven to 350.  Place your roast in a baking pan, make slits all over and put your sliced garlic in the slits.  Mix the remaining ingredients well, in a bowl.  Pour over your pork.  Place in the oven, uncovered, for an hour and a half.  Baste every 20-25 minutes.  I served this with pasta & broccoli (for the family) and an egg pancake and broccoli for myself.  Delicious.

Comments