Feta & Sundried Tomato Stuffed Chicken with Zeroodles - Low Carb & Delicious!

Pssst....
I'm baaaaaack....

I'll keep this short & sweet.  I made an awesome meal the other day, and I had to share.  It came together very quickly, and I didn't really follow a recipe.  It's a super forgiving dish, so play around and use what you have in your fridge (you can change up the cheeses used, or sub the tomatoes for roasted red peppers, add spinach, etc)

Have you heard of Zeroodles??  If you haven't, you're missing out.  This is a new line of dry pastas on the market that are super high in fiber and protein, and low in carbs.  For this recipe I used the Mung Bean Fettuccine, but there are a few others to choose from.  Check it out here.

Check out the nutritional info for only a 1/4c!!!  Amazing

So here's what I did 

I made this sundried tomato marinade and let my 4 bone-in chicken breasts soak in it for about 2 hours.  Then I preheated the oven to 375.  I sliced my chicken pieces in half horizontally almost all the way through, to create a deep pocket.  For my stuffing, I combined chopped sundried tomatoes, shredded fat free swiss cheese, fat free cream cheese, crumbled feta, and black pepper. Measurements aren't important, just eyeball it and make sure you have enough stuffing for all of your chicken.  I secured the stuffed pockets with toothpicks, and put them in a greased baking dish.  In the oven they went for 35 minutes, and then I broiled them for 5 minutes.

For the Zeroodles, I cooked them as per the package directions (boiled them in salted water for 5 minutes) and then tossed them in olive oil and Mayacamas Garden Skillet seasoning.  Delicious.

Quick and easy, and healthy too - enjoy!








Comments