Jan 15 - 21st - Quick Update

Hello!

Not much to report this week.  I continued with the low carb plan until about mid-week, then I did a bit of winging it, and as of Monday of this week I am back to eating carbs, but carefully.

Yesterday I had some brown rice with lunch, and today I have had some fruit and plan on having some barley with dinner.  The low carb plan served it's purpose for me - it kick started my weight loss and got me motivated to continue.  I am down a total of 19.9lbs since having Brielle, and I'm feeling great.

I am loving the treadmill and staying active, and joined another stepbet this week (I won the last one that I was in, and it ended on Sunday).  If you haven't checked out stepbet, do it!  I love the fact that it holds me accountable and thanks to my competitive nature, I make sure to get my steps in daily.  It also helps that I get to win some money in the process!

The hubby and I are contemplating joining bootcamp classes together.  It would be something fun and healthy that we could do together, and you better believe I would work harder in front of him!!

Some meals from this week:

Steak salad with black olives, apples, cranberries, goat cheese, tomatoes, onions, mixed nuts, balsamic glaze - I pretty much added in anything I could find

Roasted turkey drumstick with gravy, mashed cauliflower and some strawberry jam (no cranberry sauce, use what you have!)

Vietnamese roasted chicken with steamed broccoli

Date night!  I have been dying for oysters for the longest time (can't have them while pregnant)
And a super cute pic of my two dates....love them both so much!!
                                 


That's about it for this week, so on to my resolutions -


1. Read a minimum of 20 mins per day - I've done 17 out of 22 days - not bad

2. Read a minimum of 1 book per month -
January - The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

3. Drink 80oz of water per day - 9 out of 22 days - definitely need to see some improvement on this one

4. Get in a minimum of 10,000 steps daily - 20 out of 22 days

5. Post on this blog weekly - so far so good

6. Lose the baby weight and get into the best shape of my life - working on it and feeling pretty good!

 7. Have 1 no spend week per month - epic fail for the last two weeks, and I know I can't do it this week.  I'm going to change this one to "have 52 no spend weeks" so that I can catch up and do 2 weeks next month.  Stay tuned.

8. Write for 30 mins per week - I'm on track with this one but having a hard time.  I am forcing myself to write about my life.  This is supposed to be therapeutic and the long term goal is to publish a book.  The problem is that there are some parts of my life that are extremely painful, things that I don't often talk about, and things that I am currently trying to work through, so writing about everything brings me right back to when each incident happened, and it's hard.  Harder still is trying not to take anything out on the hubby when he gets home from work, having no idea that I've been writing.  So difficult.  Hopefully this will be a beneficial resolution in the end.

9. Get rid of 52 things - also from the same website - what a great idea to get rid of things that have been accumulated over the years and just collect dust
     1-6.  Books given to my daughter's friend, they were duplicates that I didn't need to hang on to
     7. Threw out some cleaning products and knick knacks that were under the kitchen sink
     8. Got rid of some baby clothes that we had been given by a friend - they were all boys clothes
     (since we thought we were having a boy) - I kept some neutral items and brought the rest to Once
     Upon A Child for some cash

Here's the pile of clothes I started with

This is what I decided to keep

This is what I sold to Once Upon A Child
     9. Got rid of all the old tupperware (and bought a new set - does that count?  I'm going to say yes
     because in the past I would have kept the old & the new)

10. Organize/clean 52 areas (that I wouldn't normally clean during my daily/weekly routines) 
     1. Organized my book shelves by giving away duplicate books, grouping the self-help novels               together, grouping authors together that I have huge collections of, and alphabetizing the                     remaining  books
     2. Cleaned the area underneath the kitchen sink - it was a disaster.  Now everything is organized
     and accounted for
   
11. Email or call my Grandma weekly - Doing well with this one

That's it, that's all.  Enjoy your week!

Comments