Keto & Cuddles

Happy Monday!

Things have been going well with the keto diet and although the scale isn't rapidly moving, I am feeling great and definitely notice my postpartum belly shrinking.

Here's what some of my days looked like last week:




Omelettes, cream cheese pancakes, stuffed chicken, pork with a coconut curry sauce, and lots of mashed cauliflower - I love this meal plan!

If you need some motivation, recipes or meal plans, I am using this website and just love it.

I was dying for something sweet the other day so I blended up some avocados that were about to go bad, coconut milk, Splenda, cocoa powder, and cinnamon, and put the mixture in the freezer.  Voila!  Keto friendly chocolate ice cream.  It was also unbelievably delicious at room temp; the creamiest, most decadent chocolate pudding.  Needless to say it did the trick for my craving.

Brielle is growing and changing daily and I'm loving every minute of maternity leave.  I just wish I could somehow stop her from getting bigger so quickly, or at least slow things down.  She'll be an eye-rolling teenager in no time!

Speaking of eye-rolling teenagers, mine is doing quite well.  She's an amazing kid, who surprises me every day.  Her and I had a heart to heart the other day and the advice she offered me was well beyond her years.  Just a reminder for me that I may be her mom, but I can learn a lot from her.

If you ever want to check out my talented first born, you can find her you tube channel here.  She is passionate about spoken word and controversial issues; she's an amazing writer and performer and I am in awe of her daily.

And finally an update on my resolutions, which are going well (for the most part):


1. Read a minimum of 20 mins per day - so far so good

2. Read a minimum of 1 book per month -
January - The Happiness Project by Gretchen Rubin

3. Drink 80oz of water per day - I really need to get better at this, so far I have met this goal 5 out of 14 days.  Not good!

4. Get in a minimum of 10,000 steps daily - on track with this one

5. Post on this blog weekly - so far so good

6. Lose the baby weight and get into the best shape of my life - working on it and feeling pretty good!

8 weeks postpartum (and unintentionally matching!)

 7. Have 1 no spend week per month - epic fail for last week; I'm committing to this week, Jan 14th - 20th; stay tuned

8. Write for 30 mins per week - so far so good

9. Get rid of 52 things - also from the same website - what a great idea to get rid of things that have been accumulated over the years and just collect dust
     1-6.  Books given to my daughter's friend, they were duplicates that I didn't need to hang on to
     7. Threw out some cleaning products and knick knacks that were under the kitchen sink

And two that I have added:

10. Organize/clean 52 areas (that I wouldn't normally clean during my daily/weekly routines) 
     1. Organized my book shelves by giving away duplicate books, grouping the self-help novels               together, grouping authors together that I have huge collections of, and alphabetizing the                     remaining  books
     2. Cleaned the area underneath the kitchen sink - it was a disaster.  Now everything is organized
     and accounted for

11. Email or call my Grandma weekly - My Grandma lives in Florida and I don't call or email her nearly enough.  She is incredible; at 89 years old she lives on her own, cooks, and has more of a social life than I do.  I love her dearly and she deserves  much more of my attention.  I also want to make sure she gets to watch Brielle grow, even from a distance.

That's it for today, enjoy your week!

Comments