Loving The Low Carb Living

So I'm one week and one day in to the low carb living, following this plan and I'm loving it.  My post partum belly is slowly going down, although not quite fast enough for my liking, and I'm feeling full and satisfied.

Here are what my meals look like:





Some notable recipes include this amazing spinach, sausage and feta frittata as well as this chili spaghetti squash casserole.  This cuban pot roast was also amazing.

I love that all of the recipes are easy, budget friendly, and family friendly - my family ate the same dinners as me and they thoroughly enjoyed everything.

This week's meal plan might be a little more challenging only because there is just one dinner meal that the family will enjoy.  I'll have to wing it for the rest of the week, but I should be fine since I still have leftovers from last week that I can eat, and I'll just cook for the family.

I'm down 2lbs so far, but I did cheat on my teenage daughter's birthday....ok ok not just on the actual day of her birthday but the entire birthday weekend.  I had a beer, a slice of cheesecake, some cheesecake truffles, alfredo pasta, and I shared a piece of icecream cake with her.  When I cheat, I really cheat.

Anyways I'll be much better this week since there are no upcoming events and I am extremely uncomfortable in this new mom body.  I have also been working out daily with the blogilates workouts as well as a minimum of 20 minutes on the treadmill.

I went to the doctor today for my 6 week post partum check up and there was a woman there with a baby the same age as Brielle.  She didn't have a gut like me....hmmm.  Time to get my ass in gear.

I've added a few more resolutions to my list - and I'll keep track of my progress here:

1. Read a minimum of 20 mins per day - I missed 2 days last week
2. Read a minimum of 1 book per month - we will see at the end of the month
3. Drink 80oz of water per day - I missed 5 days last week, I need to get better at this
4. Get in a minimum of 10,000 steps daily - on track with this one
5. Post on this blog weekly - so far so good - working on it
6. Lose the baby weight and get into the best shape of my life - working on it
7. Have 1 no spend week per month - this is a great one for saving money, I got the idea from this website - she has a lot of great ideas for budgeting, saving, etc - aiming for this week, from Jan 8th - 14th
8. Write for 30 mins per week - I am working on a writing project that I'm not ready to reveal.  It's been in the works for years though, so it's time to make some serious progress with it
9. Get rid of 52 things - also from the same website - what a great idea to get rid of things that have been accumulated over the years and just collect dust
1-6.  Books given to my daughter's friend, they were duplicates that I didn't need to hang on to

I think I'm off to a pretty good start with both the resolutions and the meal plan.  Have a great week everyone!




Comments